Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Private Messages

We are aware of a current issue where your messages screen does not properly load and we are working on a fix.

In the interim, you can access you messages by navigating to this link: https://forums.iboats.com/privatemessage/notification

Apologies for the inconvenience.
See more
See less

15hp 2 stroke yamaha outboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15hp 2 stroke yamaha outboard

On a 15hp 2 stroke Yamaha outboard what are the 2 small rubber pipes for, that are attached to the cylinders. One goes to the reed valve block, and the other ???????

Without a photo, my first guess would be those small black rubber oil circulation lines that move oil from various areas to others improving lubrication....

Comment

thank you Robert

Comment

Hello Robert, may be you can offer some advice to me about my 15hp 2 stroke Yamaha outboard. My problem is that when I start the outboard it will idle OK, but when I advance the throttle the engine will run rough and cut out. I have replaced the Carburettor, CDI unit, high tension coils and leads ( all off another motor that is functioning quite well) and the same problem occurs. I would appreciate any advice on how to eliminate the problem. It becoming quite frustrating. I would appreciate any help that you can offer.

Comment

First thing is a compression test.

Comment

compression all OK

Comment

any further suggestions anyone?

Comment

Almost certainly a carb related issue. Give her a clean out. Jets too.

Comment

Regarding the rubber "pipes" (hoses) you spoke of in Post #1, I believe you attached the top hose correctly if, when installed, the hose should be practically level (horizontal).

The lower hose fits onto a nipple located at the very bottom of the crankcase assembly (below the reed block) and behind the shift arm shaft.

Connecting this hose may eliminate your running rough above idle issue.

Comment

Not sure this engine has oil lines.

Comment

QBhoy-----Are you not aware that most 2 strokes have an oil recirculation system ?------Some motors use wee hoses and some use internal passageways !!

Comment

Originally posted by racerone View Post
                        QBhoy-----Are you not aware that most 2 strokes have an oil recirculation system ?------Some motors use wee hoses and some use internal passageways !!
                        I’m aware that oil injection models do. Maybe wrong but I’ve never seen a 15hp oil injection on a Yamaha ??

Comment

Please tell me if I’m wrong.
                          All the best.

Comment

Sorry you are wrong..----Time for you to look this up.-----The regular premix models have hoses to RECIRCULATE oil.-----Many 2 stroke motors also have internal passages to do the same thing !!

Comment

Apologies but how would it separate the oil from the fuel to circulate ? Or do you mean it recirculates the fuel ?
                              I’m confused. I’ll look it up. All the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X