Yamaha 9.9 Enduro 1993 ? E15CMH. 684c s 145945

w2much

Lieutenant
Having a tech of a time with this one. Can any person direct me to parts and parts diagrams. Has the symptoms of a bad carb. The fuel pump leaks a bit also. Carb bowl and fuel pump have been to tight for who knows how long. I would like to find a whole carb kit for it. I think it is a 1993 but not certain

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
What country are you in?

This is a Yamaha USA website. The E9.9 and the E15 were not distributed in the US.

Normally what you would do is to contact a Yamaha dealer in the country/region that sold the motor and get the part number (and a replacement part) from them.

In the meantime, inspect your carburetor for any markings on it. What are they? Might begin with 684 followed by two numbers.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Boscoe is the man with the links to find the info, Just give him what he asked for

Seeing that it is not a motor from the USA then you probably will not find the info and a USA web site

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Boscoe is the man with the links to find the info, Just give him what he asked for

Seeing that it is not a motor from the USA then you probably will not find the info at a USA web site

It is all but guaranteed.

w2much

Lieutenant
This # is on the carb.
63v00. MF17
There is also BCPabove the float chamber and Keihin

Last edited:

w2much

Lieutenant
Wow, Thank you. I have found that 1 cylinder is not firing . I will switch coils tomorrow to start there. Are you saying that parts are interchangeable with a 1996 15eshu?

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
I am guessing that maybe 99% of the parts are one and the same. The carburetor, by part number, is one and the same.

w2much

Lieutenant
You are right. Thank you.The links did not work for me but I did get what I needed. The motor is now running great, just waiting for an impeller and an anode. And I thank you again.

w2much

Lieutenant
Motor runs well and starts and idles well. I am wondering about an on off switch with a tether. There is one on this engine but it looks to be added on. Is there supposed to be one? Mine is to the left of the shift handle. It looks to be one of the 5.00 replacements from China.
It does not function as I am used to seeing. It has the usual black and white wire coming from it. Black to ground, white to the white of the CDI. I thought the white from the CDI to be the stop circuit. If hooked up this way it does not function. However, if I hook the black to ground and the white to the white with red stripe ( pulsar coil) it will function as it should when removing the tethered clip and shut down. Odd to me. Even more strange to me is that with no on off switch connected , engine running, I can disconnect the white wire with the red stripe which goes from pulsar coil to the CDI and the motor will increase in RPMs. .I would expect it to shut down without the pulsar coil connected. Any harm in just splicing into the white wire with red stripe with the white wire from the safety switch. This will make the safety switch function but leaves the white wire from the CDi empty.