Yamaha F150 2007 repower. White wire in wiring harnass

drrnjnr

Seaman
Hiya guys, a newbee here, from the Netherlands, hope I find everybody in good health:joyous:

Anyhow, I've been following this excellent, informative forum for a while now and decided to join, and join with a direct question,

I've repowered my Campion Exlorer 542 from a Suzuki DF40 to a Yamaha F150, 2007 longtail, a most excellent choice if I might add, now, I've plumbed the engine and wiring in and the boat goes like a bat out of hell, but the warning buzzer and fuel guage refuses to work, and I have a white wire left over from the wiring harness/loom, can anybody enlighten me what the white wire that comes out of the harness behind the clocks is for? I can post pikkies if necesasary,

Thanks and Greetings from the sunny Netherlands.:)

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Yamaha did not have clocks ,so no telling where the white wire comes from.
Did you use Yanmaha wiring harness, controls, and Yamaha gauges?

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
If the answer to 99yam40's question is that yoi are using a yamaha wiring harness and controls, then white is listed as the Ignition stop circuit. This runs to the kill switch on the controls.

drrnjnr

Seaman
I shall have a look tomorrow, Its all original motor, harness, and clocks- So if the white wire is not connected?(The kill switch works correctly).........Which colour is the live wire that will make the buzzer sound??(then I can adress that too):joyous:

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
buzzer should get power when you turn on the key.
ground the other side of buzzer to make it sound off.

But this is a 4 stroke so that may not be true