volvo trim

nogin888

Cadet
I have a 290 duo prop leg and have just started having a problem with the trimming it will come up but wont go down to get it down I have to release the hydraulic fluid once this is done it goes down.<br />Today I have power coming up but no sound from the pump to go down. So again release fluid stand on the leg and it goes down again trimming up no problems any one had this and what fixed it<br />?<br />Many thanks Nick

kayakndave

Seaman Apprentice
Re: volvo trim

Do a search. I just repaired mine. 290 SP. The first time it was the down solenoid that had gone bad. The second time it was the entire motor/pump assembly. Replaced both and it works great, but the pump was almost $400.00 so be prepared (and I did the work myself)!

72Stinger

Cadet

I have had the problem of the trim going up but not down and tried everything and getting ready to take the hydraulic apart thinking it was the seals, the motor was going up and the down was just 'clicking', basically the wires on the motor side was wired wrong, if the motor is going it's not the motor or hydro, it's the wiring -- from my experience.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

You will need to apply voltage directly to the tilt motor to see if it is functioning.When that works out for you ,you'll need to sort out the relay system with a test light and determine why you are not getting that voltage to the tilt motor when you want it.Example, limiter switch, bad relay,poor electrical connections,bad switch at the helm.

nogin888

Cadet

Thanks Guys i will try what you have said and let you know the outcome<br />Nick

nogin888

Cadet

Ok found the problem "Electrical" corroded relay it was getting 7 volts at the pump so we traced it back to relay and that was the problem cleaned it up and it now works fine.<br />thanks for the help guys<br />Nick