Stainless risers for volvo

nogin888

Cadet
Can anyone help with the best place to purchase stainless steel exhaust risers for an AQ271 Volvo Penta. Mine were replaced in 1998 they boat is used exclusively in salt water but flushed out with fresh after every trip. But I am worried after reading a number of posts with regard to corrosion. I will look at replacing them. Should I take them of and check how badly they are corroded, if i do this should I replace the gaskets?<br />Many Thanks Nick

nogin888

Cadet
Re: Stainless risers for volvo

On talking to my marine mecanic he said to stay right away from stainless as they are prone to cracking and have real problems so question anwsered.<br />Nick

nogin888

Cadet

OK guys replacement risers and exhaust manifolds on the way. Out of interest the risers were replaced in 1998 I think as they are stamped with late 1997 manifacture. The exhuast has never been replaced it is the original 1989 vintage I have taken some photos of them both. http://community.webshots.com/user/nogin888 <br />Having never removed them before I dont know if they are that badly corroded, I am replacing them because of what I have learned from here so thanks to all who respond to the dumb questions I ask.<br />Nick

nogin888

Cadet

OK guys got the replacement exhaust manifolds and risers the originals showed quite bad signs of corrosion so I am glad I have replaced them. The risers had been replaced about 4 to 5 years ago but the exhaust manifolds were the originals 10 years old! They are not cheap $1980 Aussie pesos for non-genuine ones total price for set and gaskets. One? The risers and the exhaust have a cooling vent on the ends yet the gasket does not have the vents cut out the side ones match just fine so I cut them out to allow that bit more cooling I hope I did the right thing.<br />Nick