2006 Penta 5.7GI-E Spark Plug Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Penta 5.7GI-E Spark Plug Question

Hello. I have been doing some research on the correct spark plug for the 5.7 GI-E engine in our Regal 2250. Based on research I purchased 8 AC Delco 41-101 (12681664) then I saw one site that said they should not be used with Delco distributors, which my engine has. Does anyone know for sure if these plugs can or cannot be used in my engine? I need to get the tune up done ASAP and can't get the penta 21467472 plugs locally right now.

If anyone could help I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you.

Those will work just fine, just be sure to put antiseize on them before install. A cheaper alternative are the Delco MR43LTS which is the copper version of those plugs and they also work well.

Comment

The MR43LTS is generally what everyone uses and I think it's the one that's recommended. What # was on the plugs you took out or are taking out?
      The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun!

Comment

I have not taken them out yet as I will also have to stand on my head to get to all of them.

Comment

Thanks you the confirmation and tip. I believe I read to put the anti seize on the inside of the boots but not on the connections.

Comment

Working...
          X