8.1 gxi-b Starts And Stalls

dscalarm

Recruit
I have a 2003 volvo penta 8.1 gxi-b with the starts then stalls virius. Where do I get the software. No good volvo dealers in upstate NY? Could I swap the map sensor from good running port engine? Thanks

dscalarm

Recruit
Thanks, All Dodge. I have an update on my issue and looking for brain power. My start and stall issue changed. I took the inbound fuel line off before the water separator and install a 12" new fuel line from Napa and stuck it in a container of new non eth gas. The motor fired and kept running this time but it did stall and will only sputter to start now. If it was bad gas originally, could there be gunk still there some where? I pulled a plug and it didn't seem fouled. It is a 2003 Carver 396 so there is no traditional kill switch on the key, but sometimes I don't get the traditional two beeps when I turn the key to the on position. I only got can communications bus as a fault code when I had the Texa computer hooked up? Thanks in advance for thoughts of the pros out there.

alldodge

Staff member
You probably have air in the fuel system. The gas can is a good way to check for bad gas but need to bleed the system. Press the Shrader valve and try to get the air out by cycling the key