Anyone know what this is?

BarryTurano

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If I were to repower my 5.7 with a 290 hp output with a 383 stroker say 350 hp, what should I expect? More speed at lower rpm? Improved fuel economy by running at lower rpm? How would torque effect the performance? Not sure what torque equates too. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• large_979096.jpg
    large_979096.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 0

BarryTurano

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Some how text from an old post got mixed up with a new image and question. Thec question is that I am looking at a new (to me) boat that has twin Volvo Penta KAMD 300a diesels. It has a small panel on the dash that says EDC, can anyone tell me what it is and what does it do.

captmello

Captain
it's an computer control for the drivetrain, I googled it. good luck with the new boat.

BarryTurano

Petty Officer 2nd Class
it's an computer control for the drivetrain, I googled it. good luck with the new boat.

Sorry for sounding dumb, but what does it do or how does it work? I can't find any info on google other than being able to by cables and connectors.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
If I were to repower my 5.7 with a 290 hp output with a 383 stroker say 350 hp, what should I expect? More speed at lower rpm? Improved fuel economy by running at lower rpm? How would torque effect the performance? Not sure what torque equates too. Thanks for the help.

Well unless the gear ratio, or props are changed, there will be no difference in speed at a given RPM. More displacement usually means more Torque, but, depending on what cam grind the new engine has, low end Torque might be sacrificed to make better top end. As I don't know what the cam specs are for your planned engine, it is difficult to predict the end result. I just hope you aren't using some Street Grind in this engine, that rarely works well, on many levels