• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vp and merc manifolds measure up SBC

Vp weighs in at 37 pounds elbow 24

Merc is 44 pounds elbow 24

Comment

And stainless exhaust is under 23# for the mani and about #12 for the elbow
      Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
      1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
      2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
      1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

And the point/reason of weights and pictures of tape measures?

Comment

Vp weighs in at
          Merc is
          Ayuh,..... 'n havin' all the right bolt holes in the right spots,.................. is priceless,..........

Comment

Is someone thinking of changing a Volvo to Merc exhaust, or? I could see if someone wanted to adapt the Merc dry joint system to a Volvo engine. But that's not what's here.
            1988 Four Winns 200 Horizon
            4.3 OMC Cobra

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 Selectrac
            07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Quadradrive II

"While air doesn't freeze....rust never sleeps"

Comment

I thought about it. But was leaning towards Hardin Marines Seaward Series.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lou C View Post
                Is someone thinking of changing a Volvo to Merc exhaust, or? I could see if someone wanted to adapt the Merc dry joint system to a Volvo engine. But that's not what's here.
                In process of adding merc manifolds and going to a full fwc system. Was previously a half system that needs 18 year old heat exchanger replaced. 5.7 Gsi will show pics as progress goes along

Comment

check the elbow angles. they are a bit different between Merc and VP

If your going to a full system, save yourself a pile of weight and go with aluminum manifolds from either Stainless Marine, EMI, Kodiak or others.

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhead-1 View Post
                    In process of adding merc manifolds and going to a full fwc system. Was previously a half system that needs 18 year old heat exchanger replaced. 5.7 Gsi will show pics as progress goes along
                    My 01 5.7 GSI's are RWC thinking of doing a half cooled system. Yours was half cooled from the factory? I am interested in your pics and progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Danforth View Post
                      check the elbow angles. they are a bit different between Merc and VP

If your going to a full system, save yourself a pile of weight and go with aluminum manifolds from either Stainless Marine, EMI, Kodiak or others.
                      Thanks Scott,
                      Merc and vp are both 7 degree but some merc dry joints are 14 degree, I already bought manifolds and elbows but. Still need 3" risers to be ok on overall height. A little more weight won't make much difference for this boat a 24 ' osprey pretty heavy already.

Comment

Originally posted by Lubak572 View Post

My 01 5.7 GSI's are RWC thinking of doing a half cooled system. Yours was half cooled from the factory? I am interested in your pics and progress.
                        its a pacific nw boat, they would close cool all boats from factory being a saltwater boat. You may have issues switching from raw to a closed system in yours due to scale rust in block plugging exchanger. If you started off with fresh block it would be fine

Comment

Unless you boat only in clear, clean, low-mineral fresh water, it is highly recommended not to add an HX to your motor.

If you are re-powering....no problem

Past Boats

Comment

I am empowering and in freshwater

Comment

I am empowering and in freshwater
                              Then I suggest you talk to your heat exchanger kit supplier about the proper kit for your application.

Past Boats

Comment

Working...
                              X