Cracked Block (looking for a quick fix)

seafan2824

Cadet
Yep. I just need to figure out the I/D of the hose that's on the boat... I'll have to go grab a few different sizes and head to the cabin to see which one is correct. Also, after looking at some videos on youtube... I believe my fuel pump is installed upside down.. :mad: the bowl for the fuel filter is on the top. On every other video I've seen its on the bottom.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Cant remember the years , but them pumps came both ways. Sime on top, some on bottom. Regardless, they can't be installed upside down. Wouldn't work.

seafan2824

Cadet
Boats coming home this weekend and getting looked at with a marine mechanic... so hopefully we can get the issues solved. Also have this annoying ear deafening tone at idle... guessing the power steering pump bearing decided to go. This was from last June after a high speed run.. Boat still has power steering..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiYrPc30-fY

seafan2824

Cadet
UPDATE: Found a bad fuel line from tank to fuel pump. Took it out on the lake with an external tank and it ran like a raped ape. Now to figure out the trim motor died on our test ride.... and gimble bearing in lower unit making noise.... oh the joys of owning a boat.