Crusader 270 Ignition Problems

redmen62

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey everyone,

I have 2 issues going on, and hoped the answer might be with one of you! 1985 3207, twin Crusader 270s (350 v8)

I'm having an electrical problem on my port engine, and it won't start the engine was running great Saturday, then all of a sudden died on me and won't restart. I can disconnect the fuel line and crank the engine and gas will pump, I can spray starting fluid and dump gas down the carb and get nothing which is was points me to an electric issue.

Questions are
1) I'm not sure on the electronic ignition conversion the previous own did. How do these conversion kits work? I understand points and how to work on them and all that... just not sure how the conversion kits work. Are all the control modules the same? I'm going to get new everything and start from scratch... do I need to know the module and kit that's in there now, or can I get any kit and install?
2) Apparently the ignition switch at the lower helm is dead too, and I forgot to look at the switch before leaving the lake to see how many contacts are on the back. Anyone know how many contacts are on the ignition switch for a carver 3207?

alldodge

Staff member
Apparently the ignition switch at the lower helm is dead too

Look under the helm for a 20amp fuse, and could be an in line on the Red/Purple wire