Problem with my trim on my 1992 fourwinns horizon

reggie74

Recruit
Hey guys I have been reading this forum for awhile now while making repairs to my boats but now I am stumped and figured I would ask ya'll for some help. Recently my Trim on my omc cobra outdrive stopped working and here is where I'm at. I have check the solenoids and they are working fine I have check the harness that it clips to on top of the motor and have jump the circuit and it works that way too so I have narrowed it down to be a problem with the wires running to the throttle shifter where the trim switch is or the wires running in the shifter itself. I was wondering if anyone knows how the shifter is wired or had a diagram of the shifter. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,
Reggie

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Problem with my trim on my 1992 fourwinns horizon

I have had intermittent issue with response from tilt and trim on my 1992 FW Horizon 200. Typically I solve the problem by disconnecting and reconnecting the T&T connector; I think corrosion may have impeded the electrical signal.

I've circled the connector in the picture below. You didn't say what engine you had; if it's different from mine the connector may also be different, or at least in a different location.
T&T.jpg

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have check the solenoids and they are working fine

They didn't use solenoids for the trim in 92. Might want to post what engine and drive you have, and maybe a picture of your trim pump.

reggie74

Recruit

They didn't use solenoids for the trim in 92. Might want to post what engine and drive you have, and maybe a picture of your trim pump.

OK so the Motor is a v8 ford 302 5l and it is and omc cobra. I know that in 92 they used a relay swith box thing... but i recently blew that and implemented 2 solenoids of a merc curser.

Thanks again for the help