Early Winterizing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Winterizing

We've got 31F on tap for tonight and I had to drain all the water this evening. I guess many are done for the season already, but it's F/C-ed to be 65 and sunny tomorrow, lol.

Parts of North Dakota seeing 12 and 13F right now...

The water in my exhaust manifolds came out rusty, but the rest was clear. It was on the water last Saturday. I've wondered about draining those after every outing. Wouldn't be too hard.
    1988 Renken 2000 Classic/1986 drive; 4.3L, OMC Cobra - 1st boat
    Pulled with: 1997 1/2-ton Suburban, 2WD; 5.7L Vortec, 3.73:1 limited slip rear axle
    Located: Central U.S.

Yup . I learned that lesson this week as well.

I am using the boat next week with the weather in the upper 70s low 80s it's showing . I had to make a 5 hour trip last weekend to go drain the boat cuz of this cold front . Glad I did too , it got to 22 for the low last night .

I think my new strategy will be to drain in September even if I use it in October , its too quick and easy not to .
    1977 Bellboy 18 footer / 175 HP OMC 302 / 83 Mechanical outdrive

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yup draining mine today. Supposed to snow but warm up. Not taking chances....,.
      If ya can't fix it with a hammer,ya got yourself an electrical problem.

Comment

Draining after each use(summer).
        Rust forms faster in the air than while under water.
        Get an electric bilge heater.
        Just make sure it doesn't get unhooked
        DON'T expect it to work all winter, you'll be replacing the block.

Even with a heater some parts can freeze/

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
        ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

PLEASE,NO PERSONAL MESSAGES IF THE QUESTION CAN BE ASKED ON THE OPEN FORUM I WON'T ANSWER AS MY SYSTEM CAN'T REPLY TO YOUR EMAILS

Comment

Working...
        X