Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

Oil/water mix dripping from between prop and housing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil/water mix dripping from between prop and housing

What appears to be a water and oil mix, drips down from between prop and housing, after a few minutes of running. I have replaced the prop seal, ran motor, but it did not solve the problem. I own a 15 hp 1991 evenrude. I'm told by a dealer I can run engine as long as the lower unit has clear gear oil in it. A repair shop said they feel it's some kind of winter storage condensation and won't harm engine when running and that it will dissapate. I am going on a long fishing trip and don't want to find out that this was bad information.

Re: Oil/water mix dripping from between prop and housing

I had this problem with my old force 85hp, turns out it was caused by unburned oil, only happen when I ran the engine at low speeds for a logn time ( trolling or just ideling)

Comment

Working...
    X