No announcement yet.

boat wont move!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, scratch the question. I found a picture of the carb filter. What’s the likelihood just replacing that will be enough? Thanks.

Comment

Swapped out the tiny carb fuel line filter. Old one looked fine. What would it look like if it were bad? The fuel line enters the fuel tank via an aluminum(?) fitting. Is there a filter there as well? Should I remove it and clean it as well I’ll see how it runs Saturday. I want to pull the carb and have it rebuilt but no one will do it locally- is there a mail-away service?

Comment

Another question- if I use it with this issue as I try to figure out how to fix it, will that ruin the boat? I will go slow, obviously. Thanks.

Comment

UPDATE- cant get it above 10 knots now. When I put the earmuffs on it, on land, I can get the RPM to 6,000 easily. Is it something else; I notice the boat does shake a bit, but the engine doesn't sputter and starts OK. Any ideas? Thanks...

Comment

Guessing the motor is a 5.0 or a 5.7 so first thing is a proper compression test, then a leakdown test
            NO PERSONAL QUESTIONS, THIS IS WHAT THE FORUM IS FOR.

Comment

Originally posted by massimofinance View Post
              UPDATE- cant get it above 10 knots now. When I put the earmuffs on it, on land, I can get the RPM to 6,000 easily. Is it something else; I notice the boat does shake a bit, but the engine doesn't sputter and starts OK. Any ideas? Thanks...
              stop reving the motor on the trailer.

the hose can only keep up to about 1500 RPM, and it proves absolutely nothing as the motor would spin there with only 2 cylinders firing, which is probably whats going on since it is shaking the boat.

you most likely toasted the impeller now.
              Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
              1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
              2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
              1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
              X