2004 5.0 MPI ECM Sensors/Guardian & "Vessel View"

jamesbus

Cadet
Hi there folks!

I've got a 2004 Mercruiser 5.0 MPI with Bravo 3. I am pretty sure that the ECM has Mercury's onboard Smartcraft and Guardian system as I have experienced the tell-tale beeps and limp modes associated with a variety of issues over the years.

I am thinking about adding Mercury's Vessel View device to my engine so I can have all of the real-time data sent to my smartphone and tablet onboard. Is there a way to tell what sensors or data the engine is equipped with that will be collected and sent to the VessellView App? I've seen alarm codes for the Guardian system all over the map, and I am trying to get an idea of what data will actually viewable in real time.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
It will show you all fault codes and data that the normal smart craft does... and if you are logged in, as of the latest app update..it will tell you the actual fault too.
There are too many things to remember, but it shows
fuel on board (input from you)
fuel usuage rate
time left until runs out at what speed you are at
liters or gallons per hour
distance range
all water and oil temps and pressures
voltage
real time rpm
gps speed
so many more things too
I have the 5.0mpi and vessel view mobile. Worth every single penny...or cent.
Move had it since it first came out and sent loads of feedback to Merc. They have been superb and really listened to me and even added features on the latest update that I requested. Superb wee thing.
Anybting wlse you want to know, just get in touch.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Big positive for me is that the fuel consumption is deadly accurate to the millilitre.
If you tell it you have put in 20litres or gallons...whatever...it measures fuel used by calculating exactly how many times the injectors have fired and obviously at a given increment of fuel each time.
So reassuring knowing how much fuel you have left and how far or how long you can run for without a shadow of a doubt.