Quicksilver Control Wiring

soulriderleo

Cadet
I just recently bought a 1986 Mariner 90 hp outboard with Quicksilver controls. Can you tell me what model controls these are as well as a where a few of the wires that are outside the harness go??
There are two wires, one Purple and one Black, cut the same length? Is that for the speedometer or Tach & ground?
Then there are two more wires cut real short close to the internal wires in the box. One Black, one Red.
I need to know where these go?
When I first hooked up the short Red & Black wires assuming they were to go to the Battery (Red to Red, Black to Black), as soon as I touch the battery with them, the engines starts to kick over, even with the key in the off position??

QS Controls.jpg

Please help.

Thanks

Leo

Laddies

Banned
Re: Quicksilver Control Wiring

It's a Commander modular box here's a diagram.

scan0004.jpg
[/URL]

soulriderleo

Cadet

Thank you very much. Unfortunately I cannot read the details of the color codes due to its size, and when I blow it up, it gets worse. Is their a link to this that I can see larger?

scan0004.jpg
[/URL]

Laddies

Banned

That came out of a control box manual and I don't know of a online link to it, I will get the manual out and try to get a better copy and PM it to you.

kleini

Recruit

scan0004.jpg
[/URL]

Hi is it possible to upload this diagramm of the quicksilver control unit again? I am searching for it since hours and this is the only one i found.

Have a Mercury 115hp from 1986 working fine, but now the schift throttle unit makes problems !

Please !!!