Force 9.9 15 No spark

Wade G

Recruit
Hi everyone, new to this forum. I have searched for my problem already and cannot find a thread that answers it, so maybe you can help. If I missed something, my apologies.

I recently purchased a 16 foot jon boat, and it came with a force 9.9 / 15 that had sat for around 5 years. I was able to replace the fuel lines, gaskets, impeller, and clean the carburetor and was able to get the motor running. I had it on th elake for an hour last weekend testing it and it ran fine.

However, I was planning on taking the kids fishing today. I tested the engine yesterday, and it fired right up after 7 pulls. I drove it to the lake today with the kids and I could not get it to fire. I finally left and came home and pulled the plugs and I have no spark.

I am not new to outboards, but new to working on them and taught myself while working on this motor and was ecstatic when I was able to get it working and running. I am wondering if something came loose during the drive, one hour, but i checked the connections to the kill switches and didn't see where anything came loose.

Any ideas what I can check.. I know parts are limited for this motor and initially purchased this boat for a duck boat, but wanted to take the kids fishing while the season was over.

Any ideas what I can check, or maybe you all had something similar. I am sorry if this is a redundant post. thank you in advance for any information that I may learn from.

Wade

If you've lost spark to each plug and it happened all at once, I'm going to say safety switch or stop circuit. Find your black with yellow line wire. Should be running to a switch box. Disconnect it. If you suddenly have spark, than your key switch is most likely bad, as that is usually the issue.

Wade G

Recruit
I checked the kill switch and the safety / shut off switch with a multi-meter and both seem to be in working order. Any other ideas? Stator? The motor is a 1989 Force 9.9 / 15, tiller. Let me know if there is anything else I can check out.

Thank you in advance.