1972 1150 won't start... ran fine last year.

ptbrakefield

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yes, I searched... maybe not through every possible thread, but enough that I didn't see my answer readily.

I saw the test for the red and white wires... and I did it. I have 12v to red, but NOTHING to the white one with the switch on. Now, I saw plenty of "what to dos" for power to the white with the switch on, but I seem to have missed what to do if there is not any power to the white.

What do I do next?

ptbrakefield

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Is this basically the same wire that comes out of the control box, to the kill switch, etc?

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Should not be same wire as correct wiring for a kill switch on these models ground the trigger to stop, Now someone who didn't know better could have used the kill switch to break the white to switchbox. This is a switched 12V.

ptbrakefield

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The kill switch is wired out of and back into the control box... but does the power to the white wire on the engine come from this same source? Is it the switched power from the ignition switch?

ptbrakefield

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ahhh... I see now where you said this was switched 12V... ok, so that's obviously where to start looking.

ptbrakefield

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It was the kill switch... I wiggled and twisted the kill switch key so that the plunger was really pushed up... tried the white wire at the motor, and it had power. Tried the control box key and withing 10 seconds it was hitting and trying to start.