2005 Mercury 60hp surging

yamapro540

Recruit
I’m new to the site and this is my first post so any input about the site and how to use it is appreciated. But... I have a 2005 mercury 60hp that I recently bought. When I bought it the guy had cleaned it up and made it seem like he had it on the water this year. Turns out it’s been sitting for a year. I topped the tank off and took it out and here’s the problem.

I’ll start with the good. Compression is good, leak down is good, spark is good. The fuel pressure was a little high.

I’ve cleaned and flushed the tank, replaced the fuel line, primer ball, and fittings. Cleaned the high pressure pump screen in the VST, and the pressure regulator and got the fuel pressure back to normal. Boat runs good when cold and smells like it’s running rich, but when warm it cuts out. At idle all is good but any throttle applied the best way I can describe it is it surges. Runs good and strong for 3-4sec falls on its face, stumbles, then pulls again. Any advice on which way to go next is greatly appreciated.