Merc 200 EFI

Miggy41mag

Recruit
Really long story short, I was given a bass boat that when stored for winter ran fine. During storage the batteries were never disconnected and no battery switch shut off. Battery compartment flooded. Ran up in spring after cleaning everything up and it idles great but wont run over about 2200RPM. did all the trouble shooting and have ruled out fuel issue. My question is if the battery was submerged could this fry the ECU or anything related to that running issue? thanks for any help!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You say you ruled out a fuel issue, but what about quality or freshness of the fuel? Any possibility that water got into the tank.

BTW - Pull the plug during storage and if you didn't, cover the boat. Cover keeps the water out and the removed plug lets out what may get in around the cover.

Miggy41mag

Recruit
Boat was run on a known good remote tank. I didn’t store it. If I had I would have done it right, covering, pulling plug and removing batteries completely

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class
Check for spark and injectors on all cylinders. Could be a throttle position sensor as well.

211libwtfo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sooo if it ran good on a separate “good” fuel tank then your problem is your boats fuel tank?.?. I’d have to check that anti siphon valve or clogged pick up