2006 6.2 Mercruiser. Bravo three. ate impeller. no water to the raw water pump.

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Re: 2006 6.2 Mercruiser. Bravo three. ate impeller. no water to the raw water pump.

You say the impeller is new.
Does that mean you removed the pump?
If so, are they in the right position......input vs. output?

hall832

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2006 6.2 Mercruiser. Bravo three. ate impeller. no water to the raw water pump.

Still over heating, I opened up the manifolds. manilfolds they looked good.(if I am not mistaken they are ceramic coated. Pulled the hoses off the cooler after the the pressure side of the pump and no restriction. The impeller pieces had to lodge somewhere. Not sure where to check now.

hall832

Petty Officer 1st Class

You say the impeller is new.
Does that mean you removed the pump?
If so, are they in the right position......input vs. output?

As the hoses are two different sizes for pick-up and out let on the pump, no chance of messing that up.

alldodge

Staff member

I pulled the hose from the pump to the transom tried water pressure and air pressure nothing.
Pretty sure fun times is right on. Gonna pull outdrive and check it on Saturday. Let you guys know what is what. Also pulled both plugs and nothing.
Did you clear the blockage between the pump and the drive?

Still over heating, I opened up the manifolds. manilfolds they looked good.(if I am not mistaken they are ceramic coated. Pulled the hoses off the cooler after the the pressure side of the pump and no restriction. The impeller pieces had to lodge somewhere. Not sure where to check now.

Is unlikely the impeller made it past the cooler unless they where pretty small. Next stop is the thermostat housing and block

hall832

Petty Officer 1st Class

I rerouted the pick up to a through hull. As I read a merc update about this problem. I pulled the thermostat and housing no restriction.

alldodge

Staff member

So your getting water now and it is coming out the exhaust, but it is still over heating, correct?

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander

You said you checked the manifolds have you checked the risers both where the water enters and where it exits?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

the first place I would look after the raw water pump for the pieces of the impeller is the power steering cooler. from there the fuel module

Fun Times

Staff member

There was a run from the impeller manufacturer sometime mid last year that the impellers were being made too short and not allowing a prime. Maybe you picked up one of those bad impellers.

Halfway down in the link is a photo of the difference.
New impeller won't pump water. ARRGG - Rinker Boats

hall832

Petty Officer 1st Class

So ran it for a little bit today a couple times.
1. I have good pressure at the smart craft gauges.
2. Pulled off all hoses and have good circulation.
3. I thought these manifolds were ceramic coated.
4. Slowly climbs up past 175 and then alarm.
5. Manifolds and Risers? I looked at them and they really didn't look like the culprit.
6. What else could it be.
7. ???

alldodge

Staff member

So ran it for a little bit today a couple times.
1. I have good pressure at the smart craft gauges.
2. Pulled off all hoses and have good circulation.
3. I thought these manifolds were ceramic coated.
4. Slowly climbs up past 175 and then alarm.
5. Manifolds and Risers? I looked at them and they really didn't look like the culprit.
6. What else could it be.
7. ???

As before "Are you getting water out the exhaust and does it equal the water going in?"

How did you verify good circulation, exactly what did you do?