no oil pressure

m8kinulook

Cadet
Re: no oil pessure

ok we still have not pulled the motor but we did get a marine mach over last night to take a look...heres what we got...40 oil pressure on mech gauge.. 150+ pressure in each cylinder. knock is only at 2000rpm+...when i bought the boat we ran it 10+ mins on water hose reved up and all and no probelms pulled it into water first day and started knocking when i tried to take off.. his guess (without pulling motor) is u joint...possibly a little water in the oil maybe causing it to knock alittle.. told me to change fluids and go from there....chime in

dingdongs

Chief Petty Officer

undo the six bolts on drive put it in forward and remove drive.attach hose to the rear round hole you now see turn hose on start engine and monitor.does the noise still exist?

m8kinulook

Cadet

undo the six bolts on drive put it in forward and remove drive.attach hose to the rear round hole you now see turn hose on start engine and monitor.does the noise still exist?

ill try that tonight and let you know

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... I agree, then you'll know whether it's the motor, or the drive...
And,... You'll be Lookin' right at the U-joints...

jones56

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: no oil pressure

Hope its something simple... My 4.3 was quiet at idle but knocked at 2000rpms > Tore her down and found spun rod bearing. So I rebuilt her,all is well.

alilley

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: no oil pressure

im my auto experiances only way for flywheel to go bad is if the bolts are loose. now if the coupler is worn then i could see that and the u joints making the noise. buddie had a 4.3 in his s10 thought he had a rod go out of it to find out that the bolts on the flywheel backed them self off. either way in order to fix the couple or flywheel if it is bad or jsut tighten the bolts you are looking at pulling the motor.....if you dont already have it get the manual for it