Alpha One Gen II Water Leak question.

xcelr8z28

Seaman Apprentice
I recently replaced my exhaust bellows on my Alpha One Gen II and after putting it back together and running the engine (out of the water with ear muffs) I noticed water was dripping out the of cap ontop of the drive. The O ring thats in there for the drive shaft looked ok and water is not leaking into the gear area. The bolts were torqued to 35ft lb. Im just curious to know if anyone has noticed this before and if its normal or if I have a problem. Thanks again as always.

xcelr8z28

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Alpha One Gen II Water Leak question.

could this be happening because too much water is getting pushed into the lower unit from my hose????

xcelr8z28

Seaman Apprentice

mm well i guess the only way to find out is to take it for a ride up river, hopefully my thoughts are correct I will let everyone know what i find out...

xcelr8z28

Seaman Apprentice

well i didn't make it out of the drive way... exhaust bellows fell off again... back to the drawing board... oh and there was no water in the ujoint bellows and water is still getting pumped into the engine just not sure why its dripping out of the cap ontop of the drive.

45Auto

Commander

The water is not just magically appearing at your drive cap. It's either getting sprayed up there from the hose or from the exhaust, or your drive is full of water and you didn't notice it when you removed the cap.

xcelr8z28

Seaman Apprentice

is it supposed to fill up to the cap? because it seems like its building up alot of pressure.. enough to force it out around the cap. The engine is getting water and its not overheating and its not getting into the drive oil. I've just never seen this before and im worried something maybe wrong any advice is welcome

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... What "Cap" are We talkin' about,..??

The big top squareish cap only has oil behind it, 'n a bearing...

xcelr8z28

Seaman Apprentice

yeah that one.. there are small beads of water that are dripping out of the front of it (if looking over head) when im flushing with the ear muffs, and you can feel thats very cold from the hose water. when I pull the cap off there are 2 chambers one with the oil and the bearing/ drive gears and one thats infront of it which i am assuming is where the water is coming from.