Remote Control Car Servos Control my Throttle BODY

longstand

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Remote Control Car Servos Control my Throttle BODY

Part 4 Video
[video]http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/longstand/1983%20Regal%20Boat/?action=view&current=VIDEO0048.mp4[/video]

I have remove the Cable. and the Shift Cable has lots Pressure. i believe i need to change that

What kind of cable is this? what is the name of it

longstand

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think the cable i have is a " CC205 "

cc205_23.jpeg

This is what i currently have. and it has a number on the cable too "120416" i dont know what it mean

Well, i just purchase two order of it. from iboats.com, its the cheapest i found. $58 for 13F & 11F including shipping.

Attachments

• IMAG0054.jpg
    IMAG0054.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0051.jpg
    IMAG0051.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 0

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If that is the same ends as you have, that shoould be it, but 13 and 11 feet sound awfully short for a boat with twin engines. are you sure about the length?

longstand

Petty Officer 1st Class

If that is the same ends as you have, that shoould be it, but 13 and 11 feet sound awfully short for a boat with twin engines. are you sure about the length?

Yes, iam preaty sure, i measure it, this is for the first engine, the other one will be alot longer.

1fishbone

Chief Petty Officer

Got to hand it to you longstand, shooting video with one hand and hooking up the cable with the other ...great job with showing your issue!!

Hope you get it resolved!

longstand

Petty Officer 1st Class

Got to hand it to you longstand, shooting video with one hand and hooking up the cable with the other ...great job with showing your issue!!

Hope you get it resolved!

If i was not such a fat-*** i will not be making all that sound, LOL

and yes. i really hope to resolve my issue. iam so scare to dock the boat. so scare that i dont want to go boating. LOL

longstand

Petty Officer 1st Class

I change both Gear and Throttle cables. still the same. i try to adjust/alight it and still hard..

So F#$k it. i will Install another shifter near the steering wheel for the gas Throttle. it will be better, because i don't need to seat down to give gas.

Bondo

Staff member

I change both Gear and Throttle cables. still the same. i try to adjust/alight it and still hard..

Ayuh,... Then it's probably the shift cables, Beyond the shift switch in your vid. that are BAD....

You've really gotta figure out What's f*#ked up, instead of just throwing pizz poor Bandaids at it...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I'm with Bond-o, you need to find out the problem. In your video, you showed moving the shift plate on the engine, but I have no idea if you moved it far enough both directions to actually put it in gear. You need to check that out.

longstand

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think its times for me to Hire a SHOP now. iam out of ideas.

I did check the Shift Cable it self. Not the cable the i just purchase for the Shifter to eh GearBox.

I remove the Gear Box. and check the cables. its all good. I Lubricated it. and its all good. when i replace the Water pump on the stern drive, i remember i check that gear cable and made sure it was not all Twisted.

When i install the New Shift Cable i made sure it was install on the Upper hole of the Shifters, and i adjusted it on the GearBox properly and still will not move properly..

Iam going to take the boat to the shop, and see what is wrong with it. i just check every single thing i could and still no luck

Hope me luck Wise guys..

Thanks

dsiekman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I recently went from a single engine with a single lever control to twins with split throttle/shift. Once you are comfortable with your boat, docking should be a breeze. If you really want more control over throttle and shift, take a look at seperate throttle and shift. One lever to shift, one for throttle. That way you don't accidently give it too much gas when shifting into gear. Just don't grab the wrong lever...

longstand

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just got a two lever control from my cousin older boat. its nice and smooth. i will drill a hole near my Steering and install it. The older shifter will only be for the Gear. and the other just for Gas. i think it will be better that way.

i will post a Before and After picture here later next month.. hope it all work out

cr2k

Captain

As far as servos being to weak or not shielded etc. That person has a very limited knowledge of servos. There are servos available that will have the required power and throw to operate your controls. Also you do NOT need to use transmitter and receiver for this. There are circuits available to control them "hard wire". Many of the RC airplane guys (like me) use industrial servos on things like rudder control on giant scale planes. While not listed as intrinsically safe most servos are sealed more then enough for spark protection.

This would be a big undertaking but not impossible.

Have you tried to loosen the friction adjustment on your throttle? This may give you what you need.

longstand

Petty Officer 1st Class

I did adjust the cable it self to fit properfly with the gear and the Throttle and still no luck.

The biggest problem is not the Carburetor throttle. is the gearbox cabling system. I could only adjust the cable so far before it HIT an END point at the gearbox end.... iam sorry but i cant explain so good. BUT I TRY everything possible to fix it. but cant and no way to fix it beside some kind of modification to it. so i just decide instead of paying a real boater to tell me that if may need some other item to fix the problem. i will just spend that money to Install a knew level and cables dedicated to just the throttle...