Another tilt/trin Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonnb

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok, now that I have the boat on the water and running properly, it's time for me to revisit the bad trim cylinder. With the cylinders hanging free of the drive, one will extend and retract but the other on eseems frozen. When I hook them back up the drive moves ok as long as I'm not on plane. It seems to have difficulty going down as it nears the lowest trim range (I don't think its going down far enough since I have troublew keepin the nose of the boat down). It can trim up at slow speed, but if I hit the up switch while at planing speed, the engine bogs and looses 2-300rpm. Does it sound like this cylinder needs overhaul or replacement? There doesn't seem to be any damage or corrosion to the casing so I'm hoping a $10 rebuild kit will work instead of buyang a new $200 ram. Any suggestions?

jasonnb

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Another tilt/trin Q

I forgot in my original post, but I have disconnected the trim lines going to the ram and bled them so fluid is getting there, the ram just doesn't seem to want to move on its own.

Walter

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I think you also forgot to tell us what you're working with... MerC, OMC, Volvo???? Year, model???

clanton

Rear Admiral

Ram is stuck at seal housing, ram is bent, fluid is bypassing piston, or low pump pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.