full throttle bogg on 140 mercruiser i/o

Status
Not open for further replies.
1986 140 i/o mercruiser.. at full throttle after running for about 4 minutes it loses rpms and slows down,, prior to losing rpms i get a rattling sound.. not sure if its a ping or not. can anyone please help me,, thanks alot,, need the boat for the weekend for my kids are coming out for the weekend,, thanks

johot321

Cadet
Re: full throttle bogg on 140 mercruiser i/o

Exactly whats happening to to my 260 mercruiser. A mechanic freind told me to check the fuel supply. First check that the fuel tank is properly vented ( you can take off the fuel cap temporarily and see if that solves the problem). Then you sould check to be sure to be sure your water separater is not sucking in any air. Sometimes they crack or even a pinhole will make the engine run too lean an cause the symptoms that youve got( Just stick an inline fuel filter in its place an try out the boat). Let me know what happens. <br /><br />Hey Trent... How am I doin so far?

i'll try that johot.. might be the water on your shore though,, the problem started the 4th of july when i droppedd her in at massapequa to go over to zacs bay.. im on the north shore here,, plenty of water and clean to boot.. i was surprised how low and seaweedy the south shore is,, will try to get this nboat out this weekend,, changed the two fuel filters the water separator and also the fuel line from the water sep to the fuel pump.. might also throw a new set of plugs in,, hope thats all that could be wrong with this problem,, im losing sleep over here,,,,

Trent

Captain

Pretty good johot :) <br /><br />He could also run it on a portable tank and see what happens to rule out a bunch of stuff.

johot, shes running fine,, did a few things so dont know what it really was,, changed the plugs water sep carb filter fuel pump filter fuel line intake vent hose and cleaned the flame arrestor.. now all i have to do is stop the small oil leak under the oil pan,, any ideas for that,, or where i can get a new pan,, tried mercruiser they said they no longer make the pan,, its always something,, thanks for your help,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.