Temp. Guage not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guido

Cadet
I have a 2000 Startcraft 1710 with a Mercruiser 3.0L. We bought the boat last yr, and had it winterized at the dealer. We have had the boat out twice so far and I have noticed that the Temp guage doesn't seem to be working. Does any one have any idea on where to start looking for a cause, and would the dealer need to mess with this when winterizing the boat?<br /><br />Thanks for your help.

Down South

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Temp. Guage not working?

It depends on if you have a temp guage that has a sending unit or one that has a thermowell. If it's the sending unit type, check the connection at the sending unit. You should be able to ground the wire at the sending unit to check the guage. With that wire grounded the guage should peg out. If gauge works and the connection is good, change the sending unit.<br />The thermowell type, Change the whole unit.<br /><br />Good luck

Guido

Cadet
Re: Temp. Guage not working?

Thanks for the help Down South, I finally got around to pulling the cover off the engine and took a look around. The wire for the temp guage was not connect to the sending unit!! Pushed her back on, and we'll see next week if the guage will work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.