mercruiser viberation no power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiwest

Recruit
we were out just enjoying the day on the river and stopped to talk to someone when we started to leave we had no power, broght the boat home and checked it out had about 20 pounds of fishing line wound up in the prop took that out and took the boat back out in the water still had no power and still had viberation so took it back home and changed the prop we went back out with it viberation not as bad now but still have no power hope you can understand this <br /><br /> Jim :eek:

Trent

Captain
Re: mercruiser viberation no power

Mark the prop hub with a marker..And go try it. If the mark moves you have a spun prop hub. If so, Take it to a prop shop for re-hubbing. Look at the temp gage, Does it go up? As in overtemp?

Down South

Petty Officer 1st Class

With the engine in netural you should be able to turn the prop freely by hand. If you can't then you still have a problem at the foot. When you removed the fishing line, did you make sure it was all out. Fishing line tends to heat up and melt making a cute little cake behind the prop. If you can turn the prop easily by hand then you probably have engine problems.<br />Check the prop for freeness and let us know what you find.

Keiwest

Recruit

Trent, Down South<br /><br /> I would like to say thanks for your help I changed the prop and when things still were not going good I took it to the shop needed new distribitor and plugs so 300.00 later leason well learned.<br /><br /> Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.