omc manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.

sea wolf

Lieutenant Junior Grade
i am replacing the manifold & riser on my 3.0 cobra. the problem is the new manifold didn't come with new studs where the elbow bolts on. how do i remove the old studs without destroying the threads? there are 4 studs for the elbow & 4 where the carb. bolts on. any advise? hope to get this done today.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: omc manifold

Ive never done a one like yours but::<br />I would try to get new studs. You may be able to find right at NAPA.<br />You could try soaking with penetrating oil and<br /> try to turn with narrow vicegrips or a stud remover.I dont think a stud remover is intended to save the studs.Consider using Neverseize when installing the studs. Makes for easier removal <br />later. <br /> Good luck.

Backlash

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Sea Wolf,<br />Thread two nuts onto the stud. Snug the top nut down onto the bottom nut, place a wrench on the bottom nut, & back the stud out. Use plenty of PB Blaster (or whatever penetrating oil you prefer). Should work for you. ;) <br />Backlash

sea wolf

Lieutenant Junior Grade

thanks for the replies guys. but, i decided to take it to a machine shop. thay put all new studs in. well worth $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.