How do I purchase/replace idler pulley?

tfiore

Seaman Apprentice
OK- here's the deal...

I have a 1999 Mercruiser 454 Mag MPI Bravo3. I have a squeeling (sp?) sound coming from the front of the engine. Quiet at idle, much louder at higher RPM. I put a mechanics stethascope on everything the serpentine belt runs to and it's definetely the idler/tensioner pulley. I guess it has some bearings in it that are about to go bad. It's probably my fault, I took off the mounting bracket once and lost the bolt at the very bottom. I never put that bottom bolt back in and the idler pulley sits at a slight angle now- so that probably killed it over time.

Problem is- I can't seem to find the part number for the pulley to replace it... any ideas? are the bearings already pressed into the pulley or is that something else I need to buy? Also- I'm sure that bolt I lost is a specific length and thread- how do I find a replacement bolt?

I would love to buy what I need right here on iboats- if someone can give the right part numbers... Thanks..

Tony

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: How do I purchase/replace idler pulley?

Pick the bits you need.... (the full part number is the class-part, so the bolt (#27) part number is 10-92913 and the pulley (#30) is -807757T)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 454 Pulley-a.jpg
    454 Pulley-a.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 454 Pulley-b.jpg
    454 Pulley-b.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2

tfiore

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks. So- the bearings are already a part of the pulley? That doesn't sound too tough...

Tony

Last edited:

tfiore

Seaman Apprentice

Achris,
So- are these parts available from iboats? I searched but cannot find them. I searched by part number and I looked under alternator, etc..

I'll buy them here if you can help me find them.

Thanks.

Tony

Bondo

Staff member

Achris,
So- are these parts available from iboats? I searched but cannot find them. I searched by part number and I looked under alternator, etc..

I'll buy them here if you can help me find them.

Thanks.

Tony

Ayuh,... I believe it's a Mercruiser, OEM part Only...