5.0 MPI Bravo Three Cooling Diagram/Engine Zinc??

375matt

Cadet
Hello,

I have a 2007 5.0 MPI Bravo Three and the boat and system is new to me. I haven't been able to locate any decent diagrams that show me how the engine cooling system fully works? I would like to place some engine zincs in the engine cooling system...if it doesn't already have them?

Does raw water go into both the elbows and exhaust manifolds with dry joint exhaust?

Does raw water go into the fuel cooler or any type of oil cooler where a zinc could be placed?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 5.0 MPI Bravo Three Cooling Diagram/Engine Zinc??

Is this a raw water cooled engine, or do you have a heat exchanger?

375matt

Cadet

It has the fresh water glycol cooling with heat exchanger and the single point air drain system.

375matt

Cadet

I believe this is a diagram of the cooling system. Just don't quite understand where the anti-freeze flows and where the sea water flows?

10145.gif

375matt

Cadet

Thanks,

That's what I was looking for!!!

As far as engine zincs go, would I only need to put them in the elbows? And maybe the fuel cooler if possible? Or not at all? I'm not near the boat where I can look for plugs to insert zincs at the moment.

So, no seawater flows through the manifolds?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You have to look at your engine and determine what you have. No way can we do that without seeing it.
There is no place for you to install zincs in the risers. They are usually put in the raw water side of the heat exchanger on closed cooled engines. Impossible to say where or even if you have any, without actually looking at it.