Adding water separator to Mercruiser 3.0L

I was looking at Racor SNAPP One-Piece Snap-In Replacement Filter Assembly w/ Drain - 10 Micron. Does anyone have any testimonials from folks who added it to their Mercruiser 3.o setup? My boat has a standard under fuel pump filter and another right before the carb. I was thinking on adding your filter somewhere in between. Can you direct me towards some answers on this topic?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I was looking at Racor SNAPP One-Piece Snap-In Replacement Filter Assembly w/ Drain - 10 Micron. Does anyone have any testimonials from folks who added it to their Mercruiser 3.o setup?
I'm a big Racor fan but nope....nothing but an over glorified, plastic inline filter. Wouldn't install one on my lawn mower.

If your going to install a coalescing filter do it right and install a spin on series filter.

https://ph.parker.com/us/en/marine-fuel-filter-spin-on/320r-rac-01
Will need the metal bowl if installed inside an enclosure with internal combustion motor

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... I'm with dingbat,.... Use a housin' that accepts the Merc threaded filter,......

Addin' a water sep/ fuel filter is a Big Plus, as it's a Great diagnostic tool if ya have fuel delivery issues,......