Mercruiser TR/TRS Outdrive transmission electronic shift actuator

River Lifer

Recruit
Hello, I just acquired a 1982 Sea Ray SRV 255 Sedan Bridge with a singe 330hp 454/7.4 Merccruiser with a TR outdrive. This model has the forward/reverse transmission inboard and because it has dual station controls it has the electronic forward/revers shift actuator on the transmission, well it is supposed to. This motor/shift actuator was removed by the previous owner for repair and lost apparently. In short; I am looking for guidance on where to find the proper actuator for this model. I have done a lot of digging but so far no luck on locating the part I need. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,....... as long as that drive system has been outa production, ya might have to find an aftermarket control system for it,......

Never ran into the problem, so I don't have a direction to point ya,....

River Lifer

Recruit
Thank you everyone, I appreciate the parts breakout and the advice. I guess this leaves me with 2 more questions;

1) Is there any decent marine salvage companies that might have functional used parts?

2) Any advice on an affordable cable control option? Since I have the dual station controls I am afraid that swapping out the throttle and shift controls at both stations is going to cost me more than the boat did.

Thank you!