Mercruiser 3.0 L MPI inconstant idle and stalls at boat ramp.

Shakarine

Recruit
Re: Mercruiser 3.0 L MPI inconstant idle and stalls at boat ramp.

Easter break gone, towed bow rider 19.5B with Mercruiser 3.0 L MPI inboard to our favorite resort only to have it stall and not idle every time at the ramp.

On return to home, my research indicated a possible defective IAC valve which I installed and tested several times.
All seemed good at home on my driveway.

The other week at the ramp the boat launched as per normal, only to stall and not idle again several minutes later after parking the vehicle and trailer.

I am currently cheesed off and have emptied the fuel tank, removed the sender unit and suction line with check valve and cleansed the tank. There appears to be some small black and shiny aluminum type looking particles but not a lot.
The tank suction check valve does not hold vacuum (valve is passing).

The reason for tank cleaning, I bought the boat secondhand and had previous overheating issues after purchase which resorted to a complete exhaust manifold replacement due to clogged up cooling passages.

Have owned boat for about 6 Years now and gradually buildup my knowledge, but need help with this not idling then stalling issues at the boat ramp.
when flushing system at home sometimes it behaviors okay?

Any good advice is welcomed.

Regards,

Shakarine

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
check your lower shift cable and the interrupt switch