No announcement yet.

Mercruiser 5.0 MPI 2007 intermittent engine cut off issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume I can rule out the Shift Interrupter Switch from the possibilities.
    0W689770

5.0L MPI, 2007 Mercruiser in a Crownline 21ss

Comment

How can I get the error code from the engine?
      0W689770

5.0L MPI, 2007 Mercruiser in a Crownline 21ss

Comment

Plug it in or buy a vessel view mobile.

Comment

To post a vid it needs to be link from a site like you tube

Agree, not the shift interrupter

Get codes with vessel view or Rinda or Diacom
          https://www.rinda.com/marine/marine.htm
          94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
          95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
          07 Seadoo GTX
          Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
          G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

Comment

Originally posted by muc View Post

Yes, but be careful. You won't be able to shift back to neutral with it disconnected.
            I should correct this. The word I should have used instead of disconnected is BYPASS.
            You can't disconnect the shift assist switch to test it. You have to install a bypass jumper.

To check the main circuit breaker. You put both wires on one of the posts.

Vessel View will only give you codes. Your problem will most likely need more info than just codes.
            Good Luck Muc

Comment

Originally posted by muc View Post

I should correct this. The word I should have used instead of disconnected is BYPASS.
              You can't disconnect the shift assist switch to test it. You have to install a bypass jumper.

To check the main circuit breaker. You put both wires on one of the posts.

Vessel View will only give you codes. Your problem will most likely need more info than just codes.
              Vessel view gives you each and every fault and description....but you need to log in. If you aren’t logged in or have not registered...then it’s only codes.

All the best.

Comment

Just as an example. Literally just screen shot from my vessel view this second.
                Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=muc;n10765684]The fact that the warning horn sounds when this happens points to the ECM losing power or at least suffering a severe voltage drop.

Many ,many things can cause this. Key switch, safety tether, 10 pin and more.

If you post a serial number I can look to see if there any common causes for your engine.

I thinkbthis his is an important clue the beeper going off - had the exact same thing last weekend - was hitting it pretty hard at WOT stuttered heard the beep , engine died , started back up for a second then died and a beep. Had my daughter two me back in on the jet ski... no spark .... swapping ignition modules ... dead mans switch was tweaked ... always the simple stuff

Comment

Working...
                  X