Donor Boat

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Bought a donor boat specifically for the hardtop.
Has a newer GenII Alpha drive and gimbal housing I will also remove.
The engine looked to be in pretty bad shape........thought I might salvage the heads and intake..........
When I removed the cover I found fuel injection!! Not interested in putting it on my boat but thought I could sell it!
How much might something like this be worth? S_N.jpgStarbSide.jpgPortSide.jpg'87Grady.jpg

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Does it run?

If so, its probably about 2000-3000 as a complete long tail with controls and gauges. More if you have a newer drive like you mentioned

Last one i did, i chain-sawed the hull around the motor and helm and didnt even unbolt anything.

FreeBeeTony

Captain
It doesn't run.......missing 1 exhaust manifold and both risers.
I was referring to the throttle body and intake manifold when I asked about worth.....lol

Can anyone tell me what year the engine is by the s/n?

Fun Times

Staff member
Can anyone tell me what year the engine is by the s/n?
The engine serial number doesn't seem to be legible... When you get time see if the serial number tag is just above the engine starter though it's won't help much with an exact year unless a Merc dealer runs the number and posts the info.

It seems as if the ECM is missing too? There's usually a year on the ECM info sticker and maybe another sticker somewhere else on the engine that may indicate the year too. I can tell by the 10/14 pin wire harness connector design that the engine will be at least possibly a late 2005 + model year.

0M466421 = ALPHA 1.62 DRIVE
0W401326 = MERCRUISER ALPHA DIESEL TRANSOM

Fun Times

Staff member
Interesting......what is a diesel transom?
Not all that sure of the differences between diesel vs gas transoms but there are some things they do to make them slightly different to fit a diesel application.
Edit: Though the list is for a bravo design, I did locate this info type for a diesel transom that may be close to the same for an alpha.
  • The diesel transom has a bypass fitting located on the inside of the plate near the location of the inlet water fitting.
  • The diesel transom assembly comes with a new trim pump that may or may not be needed
  • The gimbal bearings are all the same now
  • The exhaust bellows differs between the gas and diesel transom assemblies.
Your transom model number looks to be 6111004TS that says TRANSOM, ALPHA - WOPS... And here's a new value for you to compare too, https://store.reliableindustries.com/engine-parts/cummins/6111004ts-transom-alpha-wops/

Bondo

Staff member
It doesn't run.......missing 1 exhaust manifold and both risers.

Ayuh,.... Donno what ya paid for it, but if ya sell off everything ya don't want, there might be a few bucks in it, after the fees to get rid of the hull,.....

Other than the missin' exhaust, is there a history of the motor's failure,..??

FreeBeeTony

Captain
No info on history. Only paid $1K for it. Got a quote for $200 for disposal. Thought I could part out the engine: fuel sydtem, distributor, heads, remote oil filter, etc...
not really interested in doing another rebuild

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Found the Engine SN........looks like 1A324710?..........not very clear.

Attachments

• photo295810.jpg
    photo295810.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Bondo

Staff member
Thought I could part out the engine: fuel sydtem, distributor, heads, remote oil filter, etc...

Ayuh,.... Should work out for ya,..... Everybody that doesn't turn wrenches wants Efi, or Mpi,.....

Still interested in just what killed the motor,.....

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Looks similar to what mine looked like last year.........intake and exhaust ports are covered in rust along w/ the 1 manifold that's left. After a closer look it looks like MPI...........and I found the ECM..........

Attachments

• photo295827.jpg
    photo295827.jpg
    957.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo295828.jpg
    photo295828.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 0