drivability manual 6.2 merc

snakeo57

Recruit
Trying to find out if mercruiser has drivability manuals for their engine systems. I'm a auto mechanic by trade and we had such manuals. I have manual #31, but it doesn't tell me much and the wiring diagrams are crap. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard,

you need more than just manual #31. you also need the EFI manual and the drive manual

if you post your serial number and we can tell you the other manuals you need

here is a link to all the manuals

http://boatinfo.no/lib/library.html

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,.... As a life long Mechanic, I gotta ask,....

Just What is a Drivability manual,..??

tpenfield

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,.... As a life long Mechanic, I gotta ask,....

Just What is a Drivability manual,..??

Wasn't it the thing we had to study before getting our driver's license :noidea:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Wasn't it the thing we had to study before getting our driver's license :noidea:

But the parallel parking instruction was lacking. Aced the school bus questions! :D

Sorry to go OT, but what is a drivability manual?

snakeo57

Recruit
In the auto world the manufacturer supplied a book for each model and or system you would use to diagnose fault problems using codes and flow charts, also wiring diags if applicable. Engine serial# om339238 6.2 mpi 377 cid in 02 fiesta vee rinker 342, dr.ser# om507178. Thanks to all

snakeo57

Recruit
I appreciate the help Scott! Now I have to order a Rinda and see if I can get these manuals somewhere.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I appreciate the help Scott! Now I have to order a Rinda and see if I can get these manuals somewhere.

I provided links to the manuals. so if you are viewing on your phone, get off the phone, get to a 'puter and look.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Based on the posted serial numbers.....

Manual #31 gives you all the standard stuff for the engine, including wiring diagrams for the MPI engines. Manual #36 is the MPI diagnostic manual. Manual #28 is the Bravo drive manual. You will also need manual #40 for the fuel system. (many years ago, that all used to be in one book :facepalm:... I think Merc took lessons from the automotive industry... :fencing:)

Hope this helps.