Johnson 9.5 SeaHorse 1964 What is wrong?

TarponFishin

Cadet
Here is the short video of me running it. I just recently replaced spark plugs, fuel line, gas tank and lower unit oil. When i run my boat it will start up but when i try and go full throttle it like wont speed up for a while like it doesnt catch or something. I know nothing about boats any input would be greatly appriciatied

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=14wxgg4>&s=8#.VKSpIHts-Yd

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Here is what you need to do.----------------The motor may be running on one cylinder.-------The motor has 2 ignition systems and it is up to you to do proper checks.----------Pull the top plug wire off.---Will it start , yes or no.-----Now put top back on and pull bottom one off will it start , yes or no.------Another test is to see if spark will jump a gap of /4" or more does it do that , yes or no

ddwilson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I would check spark on both cylinders and make sure that you have spark on both that will jump 1/4", the next thing to check would be compression.
It could also be fuel pump working enough to keep up at idle but not enough for wide open, or the high speed circuit in the carb is plugged up not letting enough fuel through for higher speeds. That is all there is to it. If you do not know the last time impeller was replaced in the water pump might do that too.