Johnson Outboards?

Bubbie

Cadet
I have heard that within the next few years, Johnson will stop making outboards. I am curious if this is a rumor or if it is correct. If this is correct, does anyone know if it will be difficult to get service for the Johnson's being sold right now. I don't mean to alarm anyone I just want the truth.<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />------------------<br />Bubbie

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Johnson Outboards?

I suspect that is only gossip. OMC's financial problems that led to Chapter 11 and buyout by Bombardier were not caused by poor product or sales. They will almost certainly continue the Evinrude line because the Ficht system is competitive with 4 stroke technology and lighter, also, all of OMC's four stroke outboards are Evinrudes.<br />I heard that Bombardier would honor the warranties on new, 2001 Johnsons but I'm taking nothing to the bank until I see announcements from Bombardier.<br /><br />JB

Bubbie

Cadet
Re: Johnson Outboards?

Thanks for the comment. I am looking to upgrade my motor and I like the fact that the Johnsons are the lightest motors that I have found. However, I haven't yet looked at what Evinrude has to offer.<br /><br />------------------<br />Bubbie