Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

Turns over but no spark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns over but no spark

Hey guys, im finishing up my "restore" and have been doing a few to get the motor ready to splash. Thought I was good to go once but found out my battery cable was shot, it heated up and melted the 1/4-20 post right out of the lead on my battery live and learn i guess! replaced cables and battery, turns over fine but Im not getting a spark. Im not even sure where to start looking or what to look for. Motor is a 1987 rude 175
    pics of cable and battery
    Current project 22' blue fin

Re: Turns over but no spark

disregard, Im a goon, the safety switch wasnt hooked up It fired right up after that. Now I have another issue, but will start another thread for that if I cant find the problem out! thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Buckeyedude; August 20th, 2013, 08:09 PM.
    Current project 22' blue fin

Comment

Re: Turns over but no spark

Someting like that has happened to most of us, at least you found it.

Comment

Working...
      X