I need this cover!

nwcove

Admiral
Re: I need this cover!

He sent me the cover, the long shafts, the knobs, and springs and some screws. I'm soooo embarrassed. I'll send a pick of everything that was in the package. 12 packs in the mail.

dont be embarrassed! lotsa frankenrude motors around! ( you should make friends with KathyD19)

leslielbk

Seaman

My now infamous mechanic replaced the carb because it got "lost" when I trailered it from Wis. to Fla., and I waited nearly a year before he found one that would fit. I have no idea where that is - I'll just admit it and be done with it. So what do I need to do now? Tell me where to look for it...:facepalm:

I'll look up Kathy - thanks for the tip!

KathyD19

Petty Officer 1st Class

nwcove, thanks for the nod!!! Wow! Can't believe anyone would refer me on here but I sure have been through it with this old motor so far. What's the verdict...is her motor a '56 or '57? Does it run? I'd recommend she concentrate on first getting it functional then getting it pretty. I took my cowling off and repainted it quite nicely but having had to remove it several times since, I've found that I've scuffed the paint on the top from where the lid opens on the back and then sits on the front half. Repair first! If it's got motor issues, Leslie, this is the place to go for help. These guys are the total Boat Gurus!!!! :D I bow to their knowledge!

leslielbk

Seaman

Oh boy. More humiliation. I have a RJE-18 s/n 1383328. I looked at the manfacturer plate and sure as a world, there it was. So I guess I do need another cover over the one I have to make it right, but I'll wait on that. Kathy, thanks for the encouragement. I'll hold off on the cosmetic stuff until I get it in the water and it actually runs. As to the carb, Chinewalker and High Trim - how can I tell if I have the wrong one? It's installed pretty tight in there, but I can get at it to take a look if I know what to look for. Crud. I paid that guy alot of money to put this in for me. Feeling pretty dumb.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

It is most definately the wrong carb, I can tell by the pic.

Not to say that it wont work, I have never actually tried it, it very well may. Just the cosmetics will differ.