Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
See more
See less

2001 225 Evinrude Ficht Problems

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 225 Evinrude Ficht Problems

The motor ran fine two days in a row before problem. I was bringing the boat up to trailer and the motor started knocking so I immedietly turned it off. I turned it back on and the knocking went away. The next day I changed the foot fluid and tried to turn it on to lubricate the foot and it would not crank. None of the self diagnostic lights came on for a warning. I took it to a shop they claimed I had 50 lbs of compression in the #6 cylinder. Could the computer shut something off for the compression to all of a sudden read that Low or should I be worried and look into buying a new engine instead of rebuilding and hoping it doesnt happen again. HELP!!!

Re: 2001 225 Evinrude Ficht Problems

Sounds like you blew a piston or worse. With the yr and model you have, I'd look for a different mtr. No, the computer will not lower compression.