2000 Johnson 115hp spark issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Johnson 115hp spark issue

I have a 2000 Johnson 115hp that will not fire on the bottom 2 cylinders. I've replace both dual coils installed a new stator and optical eye. But still no fire on the bottom two plugs. Whats crazy is if i swap the power pack wires from the bottom coil to the top coil the bottom coil still has no fire? So I'm getting voltage from all 4 outputs of my power pack. I've replace the bottom coil with another with the same results. Has anyone every experienced this?

How much voltage are you getting ??

Comment

Gee, bad ground on bottom coil pack primary wire?

Comment

Originally posted by boobie View Post
        How much voltage are you getting ??
        If i remember correctly when we checked it the other day I was getting 200V out of each leg of the power pack to the low side of the coils. I can't remember the exact voltage but all 4 had the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1956 View Post
          Gee, bad ground on bottom coil pack primary wire?
          Thought that moved the ground wire to be directly on the bottom coil but still the same results.

Comment

Well then, try another new coil. Could have a bad new one. By the way, where did you get the coils from ?

Comment

Check continuity of the plug wires, boot to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by boobie View Post
                Well then, try another new coil. Could have a bad new one. By the way, where did you get the coils from ?
                Yeah I’ve thought that but what’s the chances of having a new bad coil. I got them online from wulffe marine.

Comment

Originally posted by oldboat1 View Post
                  Check continuity of the plug wires, boot to boot.
                  I actually swapped the wires to test that but still the same results.

Comment

Working...
                  X