1982 Envinrude/Johnson (J70ELCNB) fuel line sizes...

cal1319

Seaman Apprentice
Hi Everyone,
I am in the process of finishing my rebuild of a 1982 Ski barge. Prior to starting the rebuild (about 6 months ago) the engine fired right up and ran great. This last weekend I hooked up the new remote control and wanted to test everything out and the engine would not fire. I started looking more closely and notices that the fuel lines were leaking from the tee where the bigger line from the pump connects as well as from the smaller lines going to the carbs. I put a few more zip ties on and the leaking seemed to go away. The engine still wouldnt start so I did more digging and removed the plugs and checked the for spark. I had spark so that may not be the issue but the plugs looked pretty bad and were soaked, so the engine was flooded too. Lastly when squeezing the primer bulb I got hear what sounds like air coming out somewhere which leads me to think that there are more leaks in the fuel line. So I really want to replace the lines, the issue is I cant find out what size lines to buy. I tried looking at brp website and found the diagram for the fuel pump however the parts for the lines are no longer available and I am having an issue tracking down the part numbers. If any of you know what size line I need for the hose going from the pump to the T as well as the lines going from the T to the carbs that would be of great help!

Im also replacing the plugs and boots as well.

Thanks for the help!

cal1319

Seaman Apprentice
From what I can find online it seems as though its going to be 5/16 and 5/32 fuel lines. Can anyone confirm that is correct?