Wiring Diagram for BRP Evinrude 5006180 Remote Control Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hennysemitara

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Aloha folks! Im wondering if you guys can help me out. Ive been searching all day for a wiring diagram for my BRP 5006180 and i cant find it anywhere. I recently picked this unit up on craigslist for a resonable price ($80 with cables) and figure i upgrade my old omc control box. Only problem is that it does not plug into my old motor harness. I know they sell the adapter, but it is very costly, So i plan to just splice it into my motor. The 3 wire trim and tilt i can figure out but everything is is a mystery until i get the wiring diagram. Thank you for all the help!

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer
5006180 the 1973 to1995 remote wiring diagram is the same you obviously have an old motor with the Prestolite or Calco trim n tilt motor being the 3 wire trim n tilt motor the black is earth green/white for down and blue/white for up

racerone

Supreme Mariner
NO----He is saying the 3 wires on the trim switch are what he has figured out.------He did not state that he has a 3 wire trim motoir !!

Hennysemitara

Petty Officer 2nd Class
hello folks just to clarify im looking for the BRP Evinrude 5006180 Remote Control Box wiring diagram. thank you

dkwilliams71

Recruit
I know this is an old thread but did you find a wiring diagram. I’m looking for one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.