Evinrude / Johnson Metal gas tank lids

kodibass

Master Chief Petty Officer
Are they still available for sale? ( just the plain tin-ish metal lids for standard omc 6 gallon steel tanks) not the pressure ones. If so where might I purchase some, thanks.

havoc_squad

Senior Chief Petty Officer
OMC standard fuel tank lids for the newer series metal tanks, yes they are still produced/available.

This is for the standard 6 gallon tank by OMC (non-pressurized).

0388938 (Just the tank lid)

0323369 (chain to hold lid)
0552331 (anchor)

Things are usually less difficult than typically assumed to look up/find.

kodibass

Master Chief Petty Officer
Thankyou, For the p/n. Maybe I am doing it wrong but cannot find them here on Iboats, Boats.net, marineengine.com, all say unavailable found a used one on ebay thanks to you. kodi

havoc_squad

Senior Chief Petty Officer
That because the part number has changed twice...the new number is 0763525. They have changed the design also.
https://www.amazon.com/BRP-CAP-AY-NO-VENT/dp/B01N1UF4IP

That is something I've grown used to, validating the current part number that replaces the old one.

Boats, vehicles, computers, and other industries go through similar issues to varying degrees when ordering parts

However, unless there is a possible wrong part conflict, I typically use the number on the part diagram from where I order. If they use the old number and ship the correct item that replaces it, that's fine with me.

Some sites give the data on when another part superceedes, while others may not.