1989 evinrude 110 v4

Npetrel1

Cadet
Need some advice and expertise on figuring out what’s up with my evinrude outboard. Been running great until it sat for a while and used ethanol gas couple times. At high rpm 4500-5500 rpm runs for a bit then starts to bog down from 5k to 4K up down up down. Gets up on plane great then once up and throttle down to 5k the issue arises. There’s like a sweet spot at 4500 where it will run fine, anything higher rpm it will start to bog up and down.

The vro pump is bypassed and am mixing fuel/oil. Newer water fuel serpeator installed recently also. Running on 12 gallon auxilrty gas tank not factory boat tank.

Things I have done since,

removed carbs/ soaked and cleaned out all crevices.
good compression when engine hot
replaced voltage regulator
all new coils, plugs, wires,powerpack.

Do I need to sink carbs?
Clean/rebuild gas pump diaphragm?

thanks

racerone

Supreme Mariner
A lot of work done and money spent with poor success.-------Post the compression values and remove bypass covers to inspect pistons / rings.----New gaskets for those covers are total of about $10 or so.-----There is an option to install a pre VRO fuel pump in a spot provided on the intake manifold.

interalian

Commander
Good luck with your motor.

Translation: I'm done helping if you won't do the low-cost troubleshooting first.

Generally, it's best to do as much TS as you can before spending money. R1 knows his beans.