1975 25 HP Johnson convert to push button

cheim839

Recruit
I have a 1975 25 hp Johnson (Model 25R75B) that I am trying to convert to a push button start since the wiring harness has corroded away and replacement harnesses are no longer made and the ones that are available are out of my budget. I think the way to do it is to follow the "push button wiring" diagram below, but I am unsure what to do with the wiring leads that come from the ignition coils (part #0581126). According to the push button wiring diagram, I am supposed to hook the 2 wires that come from the magneto to the stop switch, but the wiring leads have 1 wire connecting to the magneto and 1 wire going to the ignition coil. Am I supposed to cut off the connection where the 2 wires come together and connect the wires from the magneto to the stop switch? If I do this, then what do I do with the wire going to the ignition coil?

Or, am I supposed to have both the ignition coil and magneto wires run to the stop switch?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Push Button Wiring - Click image for larger version  Name:	push button wiring.PNG Views:	1 Size:	98.0 KB ID:	10630965