84 74 hp no up in the T&T

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Worked when I brought home from the shop couple months ago. Been sitting since, not lake time. Now nothing. Goes down, not up. Didn't hear anything other than the switch click, but it was windy.

Where and what and how to check? I'm assuming there is a solenoid on it under the cowl somewhere?

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
74hp??..... Trace wires from PTT electric motor to the junction box that houses the two relays.

Switch the relays.

If the problem is now reversed... a relay has failed

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
74 / 75..... whatever it takes.

google images tells me it looks like the motor will be between the rams? Then I'll find the relays after that. Cold as hell next few days and just put her in the back barn so I'll wait until the weekend.

Hoping it is just a loose wire, the shop replaced something electrical under the hood and maybe they didn't tighten down. I did that on the main power; took me a couple hours to figure out why it wouldn't start all of a sudden.

Thanks and I'll report back.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Engine tilted up... you're looking at the PTT, standing in back of the engine...........

The electric motor is on the port (left) side... the reservoir on the starboard side... the tilt cylinder is in the middle.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ok - too cold and snowy to go to the barn but sure thought I remembered two rams.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
ok - too cold and snowy to go to the barn but sure thought I remembered two rams.

Yes, the unit contains two trim rams.However the electric motor is not between them. The electric motor is above and to the port side of the rams.

Last edited: